Monday, August 12, 2013

Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) by Francine Pascal

Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1)Double Love by Francine Pascal
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I absolutely have no idea why I enjoyed reading SVH during my teen years. Reading it years later, I was bewildered by the superficial and super-dramatic yet unrealistic story plot. It is like finding out my high school crush turns out to be not charming anymore and that sinking feeling of having bad taste bugs me no end. It was not a bad-written book at any rate. The fact that I am still clinging to it after so many years is obviously for the nostalgia's sake. As to whether I am going to read the next book in this series, I guess I might just to be curious and for the indescribably sentimental reason, provided I am in the mood for twin feuds and having some spare time.

In this book, I didn't enjoy reading what a meanie Jessica is to her sister. What she does is appallingly horrible to a loving sibling. Even when she is genuinely sincere, she still looks deceitful to me. Elizabeth is not someone I would worship the ground she walks on either as she is too timid to get what she wants and she keeps holding back just to keep her twin sister happy. It is not a noble act to me when she is putting her own happiness at expense.

Though i have this complicated issue with the main characters, i wouldnt say i didnt enjoy this book at all. There were of course some parts that I enjoyed reading like how Elizabeth gets back at her sister towards the end of the book and some of the dialogues were fun to read too.

It is a quick and instant fix read when you feel nostalgic, like very, and crave for some high school reminiscence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment